Sunday 25 October 2009

Chocolate and courgette cake

We had an extra courgette and more eggs than we thought when we came home from the supermarket yesterday, so I thought I'd make a cake. I got the recipe from this blog and modified it slightly, so I will put my version here.

240g plain flour plus bicarb plus cream of tartare
(or 240g self-raising flour)
0.5 tsp salt
35g cocoa
110g butter
160g golden caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
0.5 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
160g grated courgette (1 courgette)
90g chopped dark chocolate

Cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla and cinnamon then eggs, one at a time. Sieve most of the flour/cocoa/salt into the mixture and fold in. To the remaining flour/cocoa/salt, add the grated courgette and chocolate and stir round to coat. Add this to the mixture and stir. Put into 20cm round baking tin and sprinkle with a little extra sugar to make the top a bit crunchy. Bake at 180c/gas 4 for 40-50 mins.

1 comment: